MEMPHIS, Tennessee – Three shots from Memphis Tiger hit the frame of the goal in the game, and No.8 Tulsa converted a 22nd-minute penalty en route to a 1-0 victory on Friday night in Memphis, Tenn.
The Golden Hurricane improves to 7-0-0, 2-0-0 in the American Athletic Conference. Memphis is now 1-6-1 in aggregate and 0-2-0 in conference action.
- Memphis Gabriel Christensen had two great chances from the start in the 4th minute, pulling one off the post and sailing the rebound try just high.
- that of Tulsa Henri sach scored a penalty in the 22nd minute to open the scoring.
- The woodwork was no longer the friend of the Tigers in the 49th minute, with Emmanuel Santos denied by the left post on a header.
- Toby McCallum tore a curved 30-yard yardstick in the 76th minute, but the post again denied the Tigers an equalizer.
- Coming into the game, Tulsa had scored 10 goals in his last two games.
- Christensen, McCallum and Lineker Rodrigues dos Santos each fired two shots in the contest.
- Colin Welsh made five stops between the pipes for Memphis.
- The Tigers will travel to Temple Wednesday at 6 p.m. CT and UCF next Sunday, October 3, before returning to town to play SMU (October 9).
How to follow the Tigers: For complete information on Memphis Tiger Men’s Soccer, visit www.GoTigersGo.com and follow the team’s social media at Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.